Tips for requesting public records:
- You will receive an automatically generated reply acknowledging receipt of your FOIA request from the City of Aurora within several minutes of submitting your request. This message does not contain the requested record but provides information about how your request will be handled. If you do not see an acknowledgment email, please check your spam folder for an email from the City of Aurora.
- If you have questions regarding how to use this information portal please click on "Help" at the bottom of this page.
- Please be as specific as possible when requesting records.
- For electronic records, key words and search terms that are overly broad may result in responses that contain thousands of documents.
- If you would like to include a document with your request you can upload it to the request after the request has been submitted.
- All responses will be electronic unless other arrangements are made.
- Watch your email inbox and junk/spam folder for messages.
- The City of Aurora is permitted to charge for records being requested. Payment of applicable fees is required before releasing the information to the requestor. For information regarding fees, please review the city's policy here.
- Some records maintained by the City are exempt from public disclosure. If such records are requested, the City will notify the requester of the specific exemption per Illinois laws and redact confidential information.